Sunday 15 January 2017

WAVE CATCHER

On my shore, under a bright blue sky
I watch the white caps break endlessly,
And then recede, in a wash of foam
But they stop just short of touching me.

The ripples, they travel, tirelessly
From unseen lands, half a world down,
The wind playing with their gentle swells
And painting on them, white snowy crowns.

I wait, an endless wait
Waves crashing, and shedding their sands,
On and on, and ever on
Their tales of far off lands.

Till the light on the blue horizon begins to fade
And the sky is studded with stars,
That lend a fairy glow to my face
The breeze gentles, plays with my hair, at last.

 And the waves, they come in where I stand
And lap gently, their cooling water at my feet, 
Never crashing, never drowning,
Just playing with me, at ease.

The moon works its magic, the tide,
A caress of a loving hand,
And I skip around contentedly,
Catching the waves on golden sands.

From the way they swirl around,
And linger teasingly, at my feet,
I know for sure, that the tales they carry
Belong to your lands, and speak of your dreams.

MS




No comments:

Post a Comment