Monday 16 January 2017

VOICES IN MY HEAD

Often and again, 
I write my poetry 
in my head. In half sleep 
I let my thoughts free rein. 

Here I access 
The loneliest recesses 
of my heart and mind, 
That in wakefulness I can't obsess. 

I talk to me. 
And answer myself, 
my own confidante. 
Its the best way to be. 

There's love here. 
Unconditional. 
An understanding 
of my innermost layer. 

Thoughts 
That I can't articulate, 
that I can't feel. 
That tie me up in knots. 

This space- 
It's my friend, 
it judges me not. 
It's my prayer, my grace. 

I am free 
Free to be me, 
in my rebellious psyche. 
A heretic. A dissident. An incendiary. 

Here I exist. 
In my truth. 
In my lies. In my emptiness. 
In my pain I persist. 

Here only 
I can scream out loud 
My antipathy. My inconsonance. My disparities 
Here I am alone, not lonely. 

MS




No comments:

Post a Comment