Sunday 15 January 2017

METEMPSYCHOSIS

The warrior spirit endures
Countless morns that turn to night
Obliterated by the shadows, and then
The darkness engulfed, by shining light.

Through the dust bowels of time
The ages, that come and go
Things that change each passing day
Still things that remain just so.

Silence that precedes each jubilant birth
Silence that follows the spirit reborn
Silence of death, more real than life
Yet life, overcoming silence in a storm.

I’ve seen life, its myriad hues
The gathering clouds, cataclysms born
The peace that breaches the crimson skies
As dusk dies, and dawns are sworn.

The warrior, it conquers kingdoms umpteen
Each battle, a new face for kings are worn
Each site, a new home for spirits that roam
Same songs, the voices differently torn.

I live on, undying, each deviant day
A cloak I change at every turn
Its varied shapes you recall me by
On epochs, my imprints in ashes I burn.

Memories of many moons
Dragging down at the earth
Till drained, it stood still
On its spinning axis. Rebirth.

MS




No comments:

Post a Comment