Sunday 15 January 2017

FULL CIRCLE

Out beyond the veil of blue
From my perch in the clouds I see
Rainbow vistas, birdsongs
Calling out to me.

Uncertain steps walk me down
My feet as light as air
I skip along a flowery path
Breeze playing in my hair.

Up and down the hills I tramp
Sun's fiery breaths scorching me
My steps are still sure and strong
Fast tracking towards destiny.

As hills fall away to flatter lands
Fallen leaves cushion my way
Sunshine, breezes, all walk me along
But my feet, growing heavier by the day.

I wonder where this path may lead
But I pledge to keep going along
If you're there to hold my hand sometimes
And guide me with a coaxing song.

I may parch in a barren desert land
Or a sea might swamp me in
Who knows what paths I need to trudge
Till clouds once again veil me within.

MS




No comments:

Post a Comment